Baked Chicken Chimichangas [with Instant Pot Salsa Chicken]
These chimichangas are full of cheesy chicken and are nice and crispy!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 6 chimichangas
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- Toppings: sour cream, guacamole, salsa, and shredded cheddar cheese for topping
. If you have large chicken breasts, cut them in half and place the pieces in the Instant Pot. Combine the salsa and the taco seasoning and pour over the chicken. Place the lid on the pot, making sure the pressure valve is set to the “sealing” position, and set to Manual for 8 minutes. Once the cook time is complete, let sit for another 10 minutes before releasing the pressure. Remove chicken and shred.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a medium bowl combine shredded chicken, cheese, and ¼-1/2 cup of the salsa mixture left in the instant pot.
Place a spoonful of chicken in the middle of the tortilla, roll up and fold ends in and place on a baking sheet.
Brush the tops with melted butter. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes, or until crispy and brown.
Adapted from this recipe.
- If using already cooked chicken, add 2 teaspoons taco seasoning and 1/2 cup salsa to the already cooked shredded chicken.
- Here's the taco seasoning mix I use: 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon garlic